Phil G. Busey Sr.
Founder, Chairman and CEO
- B.A., Oklahoma City University
- J.D., Oklahoma City University
Born and raised in Oklahoma City, Mr. Busey is a member of both the Cherokee Nation and the Delaware Tribe. After playing college baseball and earning his Juris Doctor from Oklahoma City University, the AV rated attorney practiced law regionally and internationally for 25 years, specializing in Native American, commercial, corporate, government, public finance, and contracting law. Since he founded DRG in 2002, the company has become one of the largest defense contractors based in the region. Mr. Busey has been a moderator or speaker at over 100 CLE and business seminars, serves on several boards of directors, and is active in civic and church organizations.
Professional Service, Awards and Accolades:
- Documented over $1 billion of commercial loans and acted as legal counsel on over $1 billion of public finance bond issues during 17 years of representing large regional financial institutions.
- Busey Group of Companies, Founder, Chairman, CEO
- Delaware Resource Group, Founder, Chairman, CEO
- Professorial lecturer, American University, Washington DC
- Adjunct professor, OCU School of Law and School of Business
- U.S. Small Business Administration Oklahoma Business Person of the Year, 2010
- Chairman’s Award from Oklahoma City University, Meinders School of Business, Oklahoma Commerce and Industry Hall of Honor 2013
- OCU and United Methodist Conference Bishop Milhouse Award with Cathy Busey for Outstanding Community Service 2015
- AV Rated Preeminent Attorney by Martindale Hubbell since 1998
- Member Oklahoma Bar Association
- Member Oklahoma Governor’s Business Roundtable
- Trustee, Oklahoma City University
- OCU Meinders School of Business Deans Advisory Board
- Oklahoma City University’s Petree College of Arts and Sciences Distinguished Alumni Recipient, 2017
- Co-Founder with Cathy Busey, El Sistema Oklahoma